The constituents of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, specially when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been looking at this problem for 15 years. I’ve talked with parents who are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with experts who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just start with something basic. Precisely what is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent is definitely the primary constituent of every vaccine. Such as antigens including hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one cause of pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This can be employed to raise the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and resulting in a slow release of it. Aluminum inside the blood is assigned to allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This can be used to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Contact with formaldehyde is assigned to cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is absolutely no known threshold level below which there is certainly not just a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also referred to as merthiolate, thimerosal comes from mercury and has been used as a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is probably the most potent neurotoxins proven to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from U.S. licensed vaccines. This occurred after it was revealed that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury through the first six months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol is still used in flu vaccines and then in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent scientific studies are showing that thimerosal is more prevalent in vaccines now than it was in 1999!
5) Other Components: Such as phenol which is often used inside the extraction process of making vaccines and it is an extremely toxic substance produced from coal tar which can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and two phenoxyethanol are alcohols which can be used as antiseptics to hinder the growth and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And there are the unwanted or unknown components that only occur along the way. It is actually particularly hard to establish reasons for adverse reactions due to these unknown substances.
So, what are we to make of the? I’m not sure. Can it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I might knowingly inject into my very own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it would be with their benefit.
Vaccine proponents say the evidence of benefit is apparent. Vaccine opponents say the proof benefit is significantly from clear and that the science behind vaccinations is fairly shabby. Prior to making a determination, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, go to the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For your con side of vaccinations, check out the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).